This is my first week linking up with my happies & crappies. I have some complaints, but I didn’t want to blog about that without including something positive.
- V started school this week! She’s really been enjoying it so far, so I’m happy! Having her gone all day gives me a huge break.
- I got a Influenster VoxBox in the mail yesterday! I had no idea what was going to be in it, and I was pleasantly surprised. Everything is actually stuff that I need and will use. I also have another VoxBox on it’s way. The one I already received is the Paradise VoxBox. There is nothing more appropriate to get our move to Hawaii started.
- Caesar is ready to go! The vet stuff has been taken care of, I have his rabies certificates and Hawaiian import form. I am just missing a notarization on the import form and I’ll be able to send everything in. I might wait a while though, since he won’t actually be allowed on the island until mid-December.
- I made the most amazing bread from scratch yesterday!! SO GOOD! If I would have let the loaf rise more before sticking it in the oven, it would have been the perfect loaf of Cuban bread! I’m quite excited about this since no one outside of Miami knows what Cuban bread actually is. It’s differnent from the French loaf that some grocers try to pass it off as.
- My dentist appointment wasn’t so bad yesterday. They did the scaling on the left side of my mouth. When I went in to have my right side done, it was a lot more painful than I was expecting. This time, I went in expecting it to feel like child birth in my mouth, which I think helped with the pain.
- V is sick today. She started running a fever last night. A little Tylenol helped for the evening, so it’s back. Because she’s sick, there is no school for her today. It’ll be the three of us stuck at home while Hubster is gone on a class float trip.
- Speaking of V’s school, I’m not impressed. The owner is kind of a shady b. Like I said before, the class itself is wonderful, but the way that the place is managed, is not good. She keeps telling me that she’ll get me a school handbook “next time” but I don’t ever foresee that happening. The first time we went in, she said he office was a mess because she was rearranging, but no, a month later it’s still like that. Since I have no book, I really don’t know how to handle V’s sick day today. I’ll speak to the teacher next week, because it’s become obvious to me that I won’t get anywhere speaking to the owner.
- Along with V being sick, so is Caesar. Hubs and I each had to get up last night to take him out to poop. This morning he’s had diarrhea. I suppose that’s what he gets for digging in the trash last night and eating scraps.
- V’s gymnastics session ended last week. I was hesitant to sign her up again, because I wasn’t a huge fan of the gym. I grew up with my sister training next to Olympians, and this gym was not like that at all. The last straw was when the owner didn’t let me reschedule a class that V missed. The gym was closed due to the flooding in town, so we were told that we could reschedule the following week. Apparently, I waited too long. Oh well. Hopefully we can find something better in Hawaii.
And that’s pretty much the gist of my week. Nothing overly exciting in my neck of woods.
I hope everyone has had a wonderful week, and has a great weekend!
Check out my fantastic sponsor: