Be sure to check out some of my other popular homemade dog treat recipes!
My sweet Caesar boy got a bath the other day. Although he was extremely well behaved, I know it isn’t exactly the most pleasant experience for a dog. For that reason, I thought he deserved to be rewarded with some homemade dog treats afterwards.
Not too long ago I saw a Facebook post about homemade dog treats, so I decided to give my own easier dog treat recipe a try. These treats took only a few minutes to mix together.
- 1 1/2 cups Oatmeal
- 2 4oz jars Turkey/Chicken & Sweet Potato/Pumpkin Baby Food (make sure that baby food doesn't contain garlic, onion, or other ingredients which may be harmful to your dog.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grind up the oatmeal in a food processor.
- Add the baby food to the food processor and combine with the oatmeal to create a thick mixture.
- Use a spoon to drop balls of the oatmeal mixture onto a baking sheet. I did tablespoon sized balls for my big guy.
- Bake for approximately 20-22 minutes. Smaller sized treats will require less time.
- Cool completely and store in refrigerator. Recipe yields about 15 tablespoon-sized treats.
Caesar loved how these turned out and I was pretty impressed too! Since they were made with ingredients that I actually eat, I gave them a try too. Yes, I tried dog treats. They weren’t bad! Now, I’m looking forward to experimenting with some other treat flavors in the future.