Compensation for this post was provided by Starkist Tuna via MSB New Media. All opinions expressed in this piece are my own.
If there is one thing about major retail brands that I love, it’s when they support the troops. I always go out of my way to buy the product that is giving back money to veteran related organizations. StarKist® is one of those brands which has made the commitment to support our heroes by pledging to give $100,000 to support the mission of Wounded Warrior Project®, which works to support and empower our nation’s wounded veterans. As a celebration of this new relationship, StarKist has released the “Outdoors Tuna Creations” camo pouches.
StarKist’s new Outdoor Tuna Creations pouches are available now though 2015 and can be found at Walmart along with other major grocery retailers across the country for a suggested retail price of $2.49 per pouch. The 4.5 oz flavor fresh pouches are available in lemon pepper and sweet & spicy flavors with 110 calories or less per pouch. Not only are these tuna pouches great to eat on their own, but they’re also great for easy to make recipes.
Due to it’s convenient packaging, StarKist Outdoors Tuna Creations pouches make the perfect addition to any care package. They’re easy to tear open, and the pouches of pre-seasoned chunk light tuna lock in flavor without the need to drain or mix. Along with being a classic brand, StarKist’s brand icon, Charlie the Tuna, is a recognizable character that will instill a sense of home when included a care package, especially with the holidays approaching.
Below, there are some care package tips to help thank our heroes who may be far from home.
- Include a thoughtful hand written note letting them know that you’re thankful for their service.
- Send food items that are nonperishable and easy to consume on the go with little to no preparation, such as StarKist Outdoor Tuna Creations.
- Opt for snacks that are healthy-er and filling, yet light.
- Adaptable items that can be used in more than one way/recipe are a great choice to avoid boredom.
- Bigger isn’t always better. Due to lack of space, compact products that can easily be stored are ideal. StarKist Outdoor Tuna Creation pouches can be kept handy in a drawer or even a bag.
You can visit the StarKist Believes in Heroes page to learn more about StarKist and their relationship with Wounded Warrior Project.
Be sure to connect with StarKist and enter below using the Rafflecopter widget to enter to win a StarKist prize pack! The contest runs until Friday, December 12 at 11:59 pm EST.