This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SnackPackMixins #CollectiveBias
Spring is upon us! The girls and I got creative over the weekend and put together these adorable and super easy to make desserts. These festive Snack Pack pudding cups have been a huge hit with my girls and are the perfect treat for Spring or even Easter!
At school this week, Adri is child of the week, so she gets to bring in a special snack to share with the class. It was requested that I bring a healthy snack and since strawberries are her favorite, I knew these would be perfect! To jazz snack time up just a bit, I thought strawberry “carrots” in pudding would be fun. Plus, the Snack Pack pudding cups have about as much calcium as a glass of milk. Win, win!
Not only are these treats delicious, but they’re easy to make too! The girls helped me just about every step of the way. The three of us took a trip to Walmart over the weekend, where we picked up Super Snack Packs, orange candy melts, fresh strawberries, Honey Maid Grahams, and Oreos. There’s even a Walmart coupon, to get $0.50 off a Super Snack Pack.
As soon as we got home, they were dying to start our project. We started by washing and drying the strawberries well. While the berries were getting patted dry by Veronica and Adri, I heated the candy melts in the microwave. I’d heat for about 30 seconds before giving them a stir and heating some more.
While the girls stood back with samples of orange chocolate, I dipped each strawberry in chocolate, then placed on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Once all the berries were dipped, I spooned the remaining chocolate into a plastic bag, snipped off the very tip of the corner, and drew lines over each “carrot.” When complete, the I moved the baking sheet to the refrigerator to cool.
Using the Honey Maid Grahams, I broke each sheet into fourths, and used the plastic bag of chocolate to draw little carrots on the tops, to resemble planter signs.
The girls used this time to crush up the grahams that I messed up and the Oreos in their own separate bags.
When the strawberry “carrots” were ready, we mixed some crushed graham cracker into the Super Snack Packs, then covered the top with crushed Oreo. Each cup got a pretty carrot and a little planter sign.
This was V’s first time trying strawberries (she’s so picky), but she happily exclaimed that she loved them! Woo!
You can find more fun mix in ideas here!
- 1 container Strawberries, rinsed and dried
- 1 12 ounce bag Orange Candy Melts
- 6 Honey Made Graham Crackers
- 6 Oreos
- 1 (6ct) Chocolate SUPER Snack Pack
- Place candy melts in a microwave resistant bowl. Heat for approximately 30 seconds at a time (careful not to burn), stirring in between each heating, until melted.
- Dip each strawberry in orange chocolate, then place on parchment lined cookie sheet to harden.
- Reheat chocolate for approximately 15 seconds, stir, and place in plastic bag. Snip the corner off of the bag, and pipe lines over each chocolate covered strawberry.
- Move strawberries to refrigerator to harden.
- Break graham crackers on perforated lines, into 6 sticks. Place remaining grahams into a plastic bag.
- Draw carrots on one end of each stick using remaining chocolate.
- Place Oreos in a separate plastic bag and use mallet to crush Oreos and graham crackers.
- Remove lid from SUPER Snack Pack pudding cup and mix in approximately 1 tablespoon of crushed graham. Top with approximately 1 tablespoon of crushed Oreo.
- Insert graham with design and chocolate covered strawberry.