This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CleanForTheHolidays #CollectiveBias
The holidays are coming! With my family flying onto the island for Christmas this year, I’m so pumped! The parentals are coming in from Florida for a month or so, and my favorite sibling (yes, the other siblings know..) is literally flying in from halfway around the world, so I’ve already gotten a head start on holiday prep.
With three messy little
animals kids and one rather large furry beast, it’s rare that we ever have a spotless house. In fact, it never happens. In order to be sure I don’t get caught scrambling to clean up on the day of everyone’s arrival, I went ahead and started to at least get the guestroom situated.
Since the guest room is the girls’ hangout room of choice and the room that the dog sleeps in, the carpet needed a little love. From juice stains to dog slobber to the red Hawaiian dirt that gets tracked in, I couldn’t quite tell you what exactly all the stains were, but I can tell you that they’re gone now! I’m sure the little bro will appreciate that when he’s snug on a blowup mattress, inches from the floor.
Using my BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Carpet Cleaner I took to the carpets. Using some 2X Pet Stain & Odor Remover that I picked up at Target, I was quickly able to remove all pet stains and odors from the carpets that haven’t been shampooed in over two years. 😳 The patented odor-control technology and Scotchgard in the formula reassure me that any stains or odors that were once there, are gone for good!
One of the best things about the BISSELL ProHeat 2x Revolution, is that it has two cleaning modes. Since I was able to shut the door to the guest room to allow the carpet to dry, I did the deep clean mode. When I do the hallway though, it’s tough to keep little paws from going back there, so the Express Clean mode is perfect! It leaves the carpets fresh and dry in just an hour’s time, which is perfect for the dog who doesn’t like to be outside.
In addition to cleaning up over the weekend, the girls and I got a little Christmas crafting done. Ever since I started making glitter projects, I haven’t been able to stop! They’re so fun and easy! With just a little bit of Mod Podge and glitter, Veronica and Adri helped me create a small collection of ornaments.
In order to create these ornaments for yourself, you’ll need:
- Cups (I prefer disposable)
- Mod Podge (gloss)
- Clear ornaments with removable lids
- Very fine glitter
- In one of your cups, combine enough Mod Podge to coat the inside of your ornaments with a small amount of water. For six ornaments, I used about a tablespoon of water. The goal is to get the Mod Podge thinned out slightly, to make spreading it easier.
- Fill the bottom of each ornament with enough of the Mod Podge mixture to coat the inside. Swirl the mixture to completely coat the inside of the ornament.
- Place each ornament open-side down inside of a cup, to allow any excess Mod Podge to drip out. This step is important to ensuring there aren’t any clumps in your ornament, so give each ornament a few minutes to drain.
- Using a small funnel, pour your desired glitter into the ornament. Swirl the glitter to evenly coat the inside of the ornament. Pour any excess back into glitter container.
- To personalize the ornaments, I’ve used adhesive vinyl and paint pens to decorate the outside.
Once the glue completely dries, you’ll have a gorgeous holiday decoration!
We had a whoopsie or two with the glitter and Mod Podge, but it was no biggy, since I knew it could easily be sucked up. The living room carpet needed a little Professional Pet Urine Eliminator Formula love anyway, to really take care of an accident by a puppy friend last weekend.
Want to win a Visa gift card to help deck your halls?! Enter between 11/16 – 12/31 for your chance to win a $500 Visa gift card or one of two $250 Visa gift cards!!
How are you getting a head start on cleaning up for the holidays?
Febreze is a trademark of P&G; with rights granted
Scotchgard is a trademark of 3M; with right granted