This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GoldfishMix #Walmart #CollectiveBias
Do you remember what your favorite snack food was when you were growing up? I remember mine! It was always Goldfish® crackers! Nothing could beat that tasty cheddar flavor!
It comes as no surprise that my girls absolutely LOVE Goldfish crackers. I always make sure to have a baggy or two (or three), packed along with us on our adventures away from the house. Good thing Walmart has the giant 30oz. bulk carton on Rollback, huh?!
To mix things up a little bit, I decided to try Goldfish crackers in a different manner for snack time recently. Back when John was first at Fort Leonard Wood for MP BOLC, we went to this restaurant and tried the most amazing zucchini sticks ever! They were nice and soft on the inside and crisply breaded on the outside. Up until that point, I don’t know if I even ate zucchini on a regular basis. Now, it’s a household staple.
To add a flavor kick to this snack, I decided to try breading my zucchini sticks with crushed up Goldfish crackers. I went with the Flavor Blasted® Xtra Cheddar ones this time, just to make sure there was a good amount of cheddar flavor.
Creating this wholesome snack took a matter of minutes, plus some time in the oven. But with simply Goldfish crackers, a zucchini, and two eggs, this treat couldn’t have been easier. Veronica helped me crush the Goldfish crackers in a bag and whisk the eggs, and I sliced up the gourd and dunked it.
- 2 cups Goldfish Flavor Blasted® Xtra Cheddar crackers
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium zucchini
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Place Goldfish crackers in a plastic zipper bag, and crush with mallet until fine. You could also use a food processor to get this done faster. Pour crushed crackers into a shallow dish.
- Whisk two eggs in a separate bowl.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, then cut each half in half again. Cut each of these quarters into four even sticks.
- Dip each stick in the egg wash, then dredge in the crushed crackers. Lightly press the crackers onto all sides of the zucchini stick to ensure even coverage.
- Space zucchini sticks evenly on a lined baking sheet, and bake until crispy, approximately 30 minutes. Allow to cool briefly before snacking.
In the end, the girls loved our Flavor Blasted® Xtra Cheddar zucchini sticks, and I loved knowing that they were getting a wholesome snack with a familiar twist.
What could you use Goldfish crackers as a breading on?