This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BlackBoxSummer #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
Remember back in day when you’d go camping and cook entire meals wrapped in foil? That was always my favorite part of Girl Scouts! Now that I’m a grown up, I had the opportunity to recreate those fun meals for a lovely sunset dinner on the beach with John and our friends. Armed with a blanket, a small grill, some wine, and our grilled pineapple chicken and veggie foil packets, we headed out to the North Shore!
Getting the foil packets ready was so unbelievably easy that it’s inspired me to make them more frequently for our beach outings. Seriously, it took me about half an hour, and that’s only because I did one packet at a time, and washed my hands about 600 times, to be able to snap photos as I went. If you were to make all of yours at once, in an assembly line sort of thing, I couldn’t see it taking more than 1o minutes.
I used heavy duty foil, just to make sure there weren’t any leaks during transportation or while grilling. I also went with thin-sliced chicken breasts, simply because I prefer those over typical chicken breasts. I used my pineapple corer, to get the fruit out, then just sliced the peppers and chopped the bottoms of the asparagus, and spread everything evenly between the foil. Roll up the loose edges, and you’re good to go!
Upon arriving at the beach, we promptly got our grill started and the blanket laid out. The next step, was opening up the wine. Glass containers aren’t allowed on the beaches in Hawaii, so Black Box Wine was the perfect choice. Not only is Black Box Wine beach friendly, but each box contains four bottles of wine, for 40% less than comparable bottled wines.
For this meal, I chose a chardonnay. Knowing that Black Box Wines have won over 50 Gold Medals for their quality, I knew we couldn’t go wrong. Chardonnays and white wines typically the perfect wine pairings for chicken and white meat. With the hints of pineapple found in this chardonnay, I knew it would go perfectly with grilled pineapple chicken.
We finished up our dinner just as the sun sank below the horizon, then headed back home. The meal was the perfect size for easy on-the-go transportation, while also filling hungry bellies! Same goes for the wine! There was plenty left over, and thankfully, it will stay fresh for up to 6 weeks.
- 4 thin-sliced chicken breasts
- 8 slices fresh pineapple
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 20 sprigs of asparagus
- Salt & pepper
- Start by setting out four sheets of heavy duty foil, about 1-1.5 feet long, each.
- Place one chicken breast on each sheet of foil, just off the side of the center. Season each breast liberally with salt and pepper.
- Top each breast with two slices of of pineapple. Then place the slices of bell pepper and asparagus to the side of each chicken breast.
- Fold the foil sheet over in half, then fold the long side over itself twice. Fold each of the short sides over twice, then fold the long side over until tight. Finish folding the short sides, until your packet is complete.
- Keep the packets cold until time to grill.
- Grill over medium high heat, chicken side down, for approximately 20 minutes, then flip over, for an additional 5 minutes, or until the chicken is complete.
Need more ideas for entertaining this summer? Visit the Simple Entertaining Social Hub for more great entertaining ideas!