This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayTreatMaking #CollectiveBias
Monday- we meet again.. The weekend was not nearly long enough for me. How about everyone else? To kick off this week, I have a festive treat that is super simple to make!
This recipe has been in my drafts for quite a while. Since this summer, actually. As we had a farewell dinner for some friends, a similar Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Treats dessert was given to the girls. I only got a tiny little sliver, so I was determined to make an entire pan for myself.
One special cookie twist on the classic Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® dessert makes them one of my favorite go-to treats. I love cookies and creme everything, and cookies and creme Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Treats are no different!
Through a little bit of experiment I’ve also picked up two tricks to guarantee the perfect marshmallowy treats every single time. Not too hard, and not too soft. Just perfect.
How to make perfect Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Treats
Add extra butter: The classic recipe calls for 3 TBS. For some super stellar treats, try adding an extra tablespoon or two. This recipe actually uses six (y’all)!
Use more marshmallows: I mean, how could you say no to more marshmallows?! Adding extra to the recipe makes for gooeier melty treats.
To add a festive holiday twist to this particular batch of treats, I chose chocolate cookies filled with red creme, which you can find at Walmart, along with Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®, mini marshmallows, and butter. At the end, I also sprinkled some red, white, and green sprinkles over the top.
With the short ingredient list and quick cooking time Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Treats are the perfect sweet dish to share throughout the holidays.
Ready to make your own? Here’s the recipe!
- 6 TBS butter
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 12 creme-filled chocolate cookies
- 5 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®
- Over low heat, melt the butter and mini marshmallows until completely smooth.
- Grease a 13x9" dish with butter or cooking spray.
- While the butter and marshmallows are melting, place cookies in a plastic zipper bag, and slightly crush. Don't break up the cookies too much, you want some bigger pieces!
- Once the marshmallow mixture is smooth, remove from heat. Add the cookie pieces and Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®, and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® mixture into your greased dish, and use a spatula to spread it out evenly.
- Cool completely before cutting.
What I love most about this recipe is that the treats are sturdy enough to be cut with a cookie cutter and hold their shape, but they also won’t break your teeth! Hehe
Looking for even more fun recipe ideas featuring Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®?! Check out some of these!!