This post contains affiliate links, which help keep this blog running at absolutely no cost to you!
Happy fall y’all!
I’ve been ready for fall for a few weeks now. I just need Mother Nature to get it together! Our high was nearly 90 degrees today, and I’m over it!
One of the nice things about Hawaii, was that the temperature typically hovered between 75 and 85 year-round! There was maybe a week or two at the end of summer where it was unbearable to go outside. I feel like it’s been like that for the last three months in Kentucky!
Anyway, I’ve been patiently waiting since spring to share this instant pot potato soup recipe since spring! It’s definitely a hearty recipe geared toward cooler weather, but I eat it all year! I started making this soup back in Hawaii in the crock pot. When we moved to Kentucky and spent a month and a half living in a hotel, I adjusted the recipe to be able to quickly make it from our hotel room.
Although our hotel room on Knox had a small kitchenette, there weren’t any cooking utensils or pots/pans, etc. I didn’t want to buy any of that stuff, since we have plenty in our household goods. I didn’t have an Instant Pot yet though, and since it had been sitting in my Amazon cart, it only made sense to click “order.”
Having an IP in the hotel room made having fresh dinners infinitely easier! Believe it or not, eating at restaurants gets pretty old pretty quickly! Plus, the fact that you can just dump and go with this recipe is such a time saver! I love me some potatoes, and not having to peel and dice them?! Yes, please!
Oh, and shout out to the IP geniuses who included cooking utensils in the box!
This Instant Pot potato soup recipe is one of my favorites for our long soccer/cheer practice nights. I toss everything into the pot before we leave the house and when we return it’s ready to ladle into bowls. The best part- no measuring necessary! Seriously, these are the best types of recipes. Just empty the package and go!
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 32 oz bag frozen diced hash brown potatoes
- 2 10.5 oz cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 32 oz box chicken broth
- 8 oz block cream cheese
- Pour bacon bits into the bottom of the Instant Pot. No need to actually measure, I just use about half of the little Bacon Bits bag.
- Empty the bag of frozen hash browns on top of the bacon, followed by the cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, and cream cheese.
- Top with shredded cheese, bacon bits, and/or green onion if desired!
- Give the Instant Pot contents a gentle stir to distribute the cream of chicken and bury the cream cheese.
- Put the lid onto the Instant Pot, and set it to cook at high pressure for 30 minutes.
- When cooking time has finished, allow the pressure to release naturally.
Crazy about potatoes? Me too! Take a look at my mashed potato recipe!