With temperatures cooling off, I’ve found myself baking more often. Fall and winter are my absolute favorite seasons for cooking and entertaining! Why? Because these seasons are the best time of year for the delicious sweet and savory dishes that I enjoy most! Like these mini apple butter brie puffs!
Baked brie is a scrumptious appetizer, but this isn’t your mother’s brie en croute! Made with Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (something I ALWAYS keep in the freezer) and apple butter, these bite-sized treats are the perfect addition to any event! Puff Pastry has found it’s way into many of my recipes, including lasagna, because it’s so easy to use! Using it for this recipe was a no-brainer!
Using a shot glass, I cut Puff Pastry rounds out of the thawed sheet. I didn’t bother rolling out the sheet, because I wanted taller puff. Each sheet of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheet yields about 16 rounds of this size, which I baked at 400 F on a sheet of parchment paper.
Pro tip: for best results, make sure Puff Pastry is cold prior to baking.
After baking for about 10 minutes, I removed the puffs from the oven and briefly allowed them to cool. While cooling, I diced up a wedge of brie into 8 pieces. You really don’t need a whole lot! Then, split each puff in half, placed a bit of brie inside, and spoon some apple butter on top! Replace the the other half of the puff, and stick it all back into the oven for a few more minute.
What you end up with is sweet melty brie sandwiched between light flakey Puff Pastry. I’ve only recently discovered the amazingness that is apple butter, and ermahgerd, it’s like a sweet taste of fall in your mouth! Try it!
- 1 Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheet, thawed
- 1/4 brie cheese
- 16 tsp apple butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Unroll one sheet of thawed Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry on a lightly floured surface. Use a cookie cutter or shot glass to cut 1.5" circles out of the Puff Pastry sheet.
- Place Puff Pastry rounds on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. While the Puff Pastry is baking prepare the brie cheese by dicing.
- Once the Puff Pastry rounds have finished baking, remove from the oven and allow to cool briefly. When cool to touch, pull each puff apart, place a piece of cheese inside, and top with 1 tsp of apple butter. Replace the top puff, then return the completed puffs to the oven.
- Bake filled puffs for another 5 minutes. Serve warm.