Hello, party people!
I have another simple recipe to share from our little shindig over the weekend! With cranberries being in-season, I wanted to incorporated them in this dish.
My favorite recipes are the most simple ones! A few ingredients, not a whole lot of measuring, not a whole lot of hovering, and done! This cranberry and brie pastry recipe meets that criteria!
I love baking with Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, because they’re SO easy to use, and always bake up perfectly flaky and golden! Whether you’re stuffing them with something savory or something sweet (in this case it was BOTH!) Puff Pastry Sheets are a delicious ingredient that can be used in a variety of ways!
Although you can totally use premade cranberry sauce, I opted to make my own! I’ve been making cranberry sauce from scratch for YEARS, since discovering how simple it was to make. You take your water, sugar, and cranberries, boil it all up, and you’re in business! The most enjoyable part for me is watching all the berries explode!
The cranberry sauce needs to cool before being added to the Puff Pastry Sheet, so it’s best to cook up your cranberries ahead of time!
Take a look at the recipe and video below!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 Sheet Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry, thawed
- 4 ounces Brie cheese
- Combine the water and sugar in a medium pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Add the cranberries once the water has started to boil. Stir the cranberries in the water until almost all have popped.
- Pour hot cranberry sauce into a heat-safe container and allow to cool slightly, before transferring it to the fridge to cool for about an hour.
- Preheat the over to 400 F.
- Unfold the Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheet on a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin to slightly roll out the dough, only enough to flatten the creases.
- Cut the Puff Pastry Sheet into 9 even squares, making 2 slices horizontally and 2 slices vertically. Evenly distribute the cranberry sauce to all 9 squares.
- Slice the cheese into 9 even slices. Top each dollop of cranberry with a slice of cheese.
- Gently fold two diagonal corners over the cheese. Use a few drops of water on your fingertips, to seal the two corners of Puff Pastry Sheet together.
- Bake pastries on a parchment lined or lightly greased cookie sheet for approximately 20 minutes, or until the tops and edge are golden.
- Serve pastries warm and refrigerate any leftovers.